Because it’s vegetarian day we thought what better way to celebrate than giving you guys 3 delicious recipes you can bake to add to your list of yummy treats. Vegetarian or not we guarantee you’ll love these recipes.
Check out our selection of vegetarian friendly recipes below
1.Veggie Quinoa Bites
recipe from @vegetarianfoodlover
Recipe: makes about 24 bites
2 cups cooked Quinoa (3/4 cup uncooked) – cook and let cool
3/4 cup shredded carrots
3/4 shredded zucchini (squeeze out any liquid)
3/4 shredded parmesan (or any cheese of your choice)
2 tbs whole wheat flower
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp salt & pepper
1.Mix together ingredients
2. Press mixture into a greased mini muffin pan, filling to the top
3. Bake at 350 for 20-22 min or until edges begin to brown
2.Maple, Apple & Currants on sourdough
recipe from @vegetarian_recipe_blog
2 slices of sourdough (or other hearty bread)
1 large apple
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp raisins (or other dried fruit)
What to do
1.Core and slice the apples into thick wedges and place them into a warm pan containing the coconut oil, salt, cinnamon and dried fruit. Sauté until golden brown and until the apples are soft.
2.Toast the bread.
3.Spoon the warm apples onto the toast and drizzle with maple syrup. Add almond or cashew butter for a healthy dose of protein (if desired!).
Check out her blog for more delicious recipes as well → The Glow Within
16-oz. can (2 cups) pureed pumpkin
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup chia seed pudding
3 tablespoons flax seeds
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
2 cups almond milk
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 cups Bob’s Red Mill GF Flour
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill GF Rolled Oats
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 scoop Vega Vanilla Protein Powder
1. Prepare chia seed pudding at least 2 hours in advance by mixing 1/2 cup chia seeds with 1 cup almond milk.
2. Turn on your waffle maker to pre-heat and grease it with cooking spray.
3. Combine pumpkin, applesauce, oats, almond milk, cinnamon, coconut oil, vanilla, baking powder and protein powder (optional) in a large bowl. Mix until smooth.
4. Gradually add flax seeds, flour and chia seed pudding. Mix thoroughly between each addition.
5. Let the mixture settle for 10 – 20 minutes to allow the chia seeds to absorb the mixture and become better binding agents.Add water or almond milk if the mixture seems too thick, or flour if the mixture seems too thin.
6. Pour a large spoonful of batter onto your waffle maker. Give each waffle 3 – 5 minutes of cooking time and continue to mix the batter until it has all been used.
7. Decorate your waffles with berries, pomegranates, cinnamon, cacao nibs… you name it.
8. Prepare to feel fully satisfied, energized, and ready to conquer the world.
9. Dig in.
tried any of these recipes out? let us know. Enjoy!