We’re still buzzing over last night’s VMA’s. Rihanna stole the show and we’re not complaining. Riri opened and closed the show and also performed two times in between. Safe to say, she killed it last night.
1. Following Rihanna’s opening performance, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj worked it out to their new song, Side To Side. Watch Ari show us how to get our spin on while wearing heels (now that looks hard).
2. Future performed f*ck up some commas.
Are we the only ones that didn’t understand one word from his performance other than the chorus?
3. Kanye gaves us yet another wild award show speech where he threw some shade, got political, and covered some serious topics.
Watch his full speech here !
Following his 4-minute long monologue, Kanye debuted his video for Fade – you can watch it exclusively on TIDAL or preview it down below… vvvv
@TEYANATAYLOR giving us M A J O R body goals in this vid btw.
4. Rihanna comes back for round 2 (Rude Boy, What’s My Name, Work)
Full performance here!
5. Nick Jonas performs Bacon ft. Ty Dolla $ign with a little help from a few of his closest friends.
I spy with my little eye – Insta celeb, The Fat Jewish, New York Giants Wide Receiver Odell Beckham Jr., Joe Jonas + the rest of the DNCE crew, VS Model babe Taylor Hall, Model Ashley Graham and Big Sean – wow that was a mouthful… Did we miss any?!
6. Lets not forget about Beyonce’s performance where she basically recreated her Lemonade videos (yaaaaas), owning up to her Queen Bey title, she gave us 15 minutes of pure greatness where she blessed us with her vocals and mean dancin’ skills.
Her performance gave us life.. Just sayin’.
7. Britney followed up by making her comeback to the VMA’s stage after 7 years with a performance of her song ‘Make Me’ ft.
G-Eazy as well as joining G in singing Me Myself and I.
Looks like Britney is back #itsbritneybitch
(Need me, Pour it up, Bitch Better Have My Money)
9. The Chainsmokers & Halsey perform Closer – The song we all have on repeat.
We have major heart eyes for Andrew Taggart & Halsey after watching their steamy performance.
10. Highlight of the whole show was Drake surprising all of us by presenting the Video Vanguard award to Rihanna – we were not expecting that.
Besides the fact that his entire speech had us screaming drake + rihanna 4 ever. He decided to end his speech by professing his love for her. Although, we didn’t get the on screen kiss we low key (okay maybe highkey) were hoping for, his claim of love for her and her rolling eyes were more than enough.
Quote of the night: She’s someone i’ve been in love with since I was 22 years old
11. Rihanna goes on to close the show with Stay, Love On The Brain, and Diamonds
well done rih!!!
Check out the 7 biggest Jaw droppers from the VMA’s here
Check out our VMA playlist