Why is sustainable swimwear important?
Unlike ordinary swimwear, sustainable swimwear is created using low-impact materials by people who are paid fair pay and work in safe conditions. Many sustainable swimwear manufacturers work hard to give back to charity and local communities and are often made from recycled fibers using circular or zero waste procedures. For example, ISHINE365 creates its products from recycled and recyclable materials, combining classic tailoring with fresh, modern design and eco-friendly inks. The brand employs 100% recycled polyester and ensures that 100% of the water is used and 60% is recycled internally.
ISHINE365 is a sustainable swimwear brand based in Miami that sells its products worldwide. Being a sustainable brand means caring about our world – nature, and people – and ISHINE365 ensures this by designing and manufacturing swimwear with this in mind, limiting the negative impact on the environment as much as possible.
Brown bikini set
What exactly is unsustainable swimwear?
Unless clothing labels include clear symbols, certifications, and explanations, it's often difficult to identify what's sustainable and what isn't especially given the prevalence of greenwashing in today's fashion business. It's always a good idea to read the care label on your swimsuit to see what it's made of and look for certifications. ISHIN365 ensures that all fabrics, linings, zippers, and labels fulfill sustainability requirements, but other brands may not display this information - which indicates that the garment isn't entirely or sustainable. ISHINE365 recommends looking at the care label to see where the swimwear was created, and from what materials and searching its brand you're purchasing with on your phone. Look for the brand's principles and devotion to the environment and people, and you will see it for yourself.
Black bikini set
How are Swimsuits made Sustainable?
Polyester and nylon, both of which are plastic, are the two most common textiles used to construct swimsuits. So, you'll never be able to wear a bikini again? Of course, not; it would be absurd to shun bikinis solely because they are made of plastic, but that doesn't mean you can't make better decisions. When it comes to swimwear, you should choose eco-friendly options such as ethical production with a decent wage for employees, recycled and sustainable materials, and, of course, a wide range of gorgeous colors and shapes.
What to look for in Sustainable Swimsuits?
As previously stated, most swimwear is constructed of virgin polyester or nylon. This type of material not only releases microplastics into the water with each wash, but it is also a resource waste. Fortunately, there are some new, sustainable swim textiles available. ECONYL, regenerated nylon from pre-and post-consumer items, is one of the greatest eco-friendly materials. Waste such as fishing nets, fabric scraps, and carpet flooring is utilized in the regeneration and purification process to create ECONYL. The nylon is then treated and transformed into new swimwear goods. Other recycled swimwear materials exist, such as REPREVE, which is created from recycled plastic bottles. EcoLux, another name for recycled nylon fibers, is yet another substance. If you're determined to avoid plastic, by all means, you may buy a yarn bathing suit or a biodegradable one made of Marino wool.
You should avoid brands that release new swimsuit collections virtually every week as a general rule. To ensure the quality of their products, most sustainable and ethical swimwear manufacturers will limit the number of collections they produce each year. Not to mention, fewer collections necessitate fewer materials and resources to manufacture the swimwear, so ensuring its sustainability.
When a brand isn't continually launching new collections, it means they have more time to pay attention to detail and create long-lasting pieces that will last you more than just one summer. Fewer collections released also indicate that natural resources are not being overutilized. Even if the products are created from recycled materials, they still require significant energy and resources to manufacture. Slow fashion is better for the environment and does not encourage excessive consumerism.
Advantages of Sustainable Swimwear
• Sometimes proclaiming your support for environmental problems can come out as a little cheesy but doing more personal things carries more weight. Following your values and doing the right thing makes you happy. It demonstrates that you support the causes you believe in, and it corresponds to the person you want to be and the world you want to live in.
•Brands pay close attention to what their customers want. When they notice a change in purchasing behavior, they look for ways to meet that need, and as a result, clothing manufacturers must adapt to the brand's new requirements. This raises the use and demand for regenerated fabric, more environmentally friendly packaging and accessories, new working, environmental policies, etc.
Set Lucero in ivory
• Shopping for environmentally friendly clothing sends a powerful message to manufacturers. When you decide to shop more ethically, you effectively send a message to other manufacturers. All brands are concerned with how they are perceived by the public, which means they are more likely to implement green policies in the future as the topic becomes more prominent than before. So, if more consumers switch to sustainable products and businesses that follow fair manufacturing practices, we can only hope that the rest will follow suit.
Advantages of Sustainable Swimwear
• The cost of sustainable swimwear is higher for various reasons, one of which is that it is of much higher quality. This means that the product not only looks, feels, and fits better, but it will also endure much longer than any fast fashion garment.
• Purchasing sustainably implies that the product itself and the process surrounding that product is ethical. This, of course, includes the working conditions and remuneration of the workers engaged. Eco-friendly items (not those that have been greenwashed) are manufactured by people who work in more equitable conditions, and this alone has a social impact that makes it worthwhile.
• Because sustainable product is made from regenerated materials, they are reused and do not end up in landfills or the ocean. Higher quality makes the garment more durable, and thus the cycle lasts longer before being recycled again.
• Sustainable swimwear is a wonderful method to spend time at the beach while still appreciating nature if you care about the environment. Investing a little more may be worthwhile because your new eco-friendly swimsuit will be used for many beach visits and other outdoor activities.
If you liked this blog post remember to share with your friends!
With love, the Ishine team.
If you enjoyed this blog post don't forget to share it with your friends!!