We have all been there! You have a salad for lunch, a super healthy breakfast and then… you get home at night and get those extra calories from Oreos and chips (you don’t actually need) after dinner. The most important thing in your life it’s actually you! So investing time and effort taking care of your mind and body is actually important. On top of it, you will feel way much better about yourself. Here at Ishine365, we love to offer easy ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle without needing to break the bank or compromising your social life. We took the time to make a list of low-effort easy healthy snacks for everyday cravings!!
Banana Ice Cream: No don’t think this is your typical Italian gelato! However, we swear it does the job. The instructions are pretty simple, just chop the banana, freeze it for a few hours and then blend it. You can even put some dark chocolate chips on it and stevia for the best result. It’s a really good easy snack for the daytime!.
Homemade Protein Bar: There are many options around that you can get at any supermarket. From One bar, Nakd Bars, Quest Bars.. and the list goes on. However, it will always be better to make it yourself because it will save you money. There are many recipes around on tasty homemade bars. This is one we found was one of our favorites! :
3. Apple crisps: This recipe could also turn into something savory if you use potatoes by the way!. In this case, simply slice the apples and use cinnamon as a seasoning. After that, just bake them at 110 degrees for about 7 min. Pro tip: they will make your kitchen smell amazing!
4. Frozen banana chocolate bites: This does not sound super healthy right? Believe us it is!. Simply chop the bananas into small slices, put some peanut butter in, and then cover with sugar-free dark chocolate ( previously melted). You can always use some stevia! ( better alternative than sugar!). In the end, just freeze them for about 2 hours!. We can’t even explain how good this tastes.
5. Popcorn: Guess what we just discovered? Yes, you can make popcorn at home without needing any type of fancy appliance. You just need a saucepan and a spoon of coconut oil. You can make sweet popcorns ( if you use stevia and dark chocolate mixed with the corn) or take the savory road by simply adding parmesan cheese! Or salt and pepper. This is a way better option than the popcorn we get at movie theaters ( full of butter ). However, those are pretty good sometimes! ( Who does not love them, right?).
6. Homemade Hummus: This is definitely a money saver. Simply get your chickpeas into a processor mixed with tahini, lemon, and garlic. It will be fresh for 5 days if you keep it in the freezer.
7. Healthy brownie: This won’t take five minutes. However, we found this easy recipe that won’t be a lot of time. There are plenty of options for these kinds of recipes from grainless to gluten-free and sugar-free. We personally love this recipe right here!
8. Avocado cracker: If you are an avo-fan this is for you. You just need some multigrain crackers ( you can find many options at any supermarket! (We personally tried ones made from almond flour the last time that really taste very good!). Simply spread the avocado into the crackers and that’s it! Sprinkle some salt and pepper. If you want, you can add sliced cherry tomatoes with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. This also makes a great snack idea if you are planning on have some guests at home!.
9. Yogurt and berries: You will just need fresh berries ( previously frozen ) and plain Greek yogurt. We personally love the Oykos brand!
10. Spiced nuts: If you are not allergic to nuts and love them this is for you. This is also a pretty easy recipe to make. Simply toss a combination of nuts—pecans, almonds, peanuts, cashews ( whatever you like!)—with chili powder, black pepper, and a pinch of cayenne. Roast in a 400° F oven for 10 minutes. This is the same result as those nut bags you see at any supermarket. However, healthy version.
11. Veggie tuna bites: This is another great option if you plan to have guests at home. This is so easy to do and looks so fancy!. Simply mix canned tuna, shredded carrots, pickles, cucumber, olives, Dijon mustard, mayo, salt, pepper into a processor. Then, just spread it on any cracker you like ( savory ).
12. Cottage cheese, apples, honey, and walnuts: This might sound like a weird combination! However, we promise it’s not!. You just need to get your favorite cottage cheese mainly! Because who doesn’t have an apple at home right?. To eat it on the sweet side, slice up an apple to serve on top. Drizzle on some honey and sprinkle some walnuts or chia seeds for some extra fiber.
13. Apples and peanut butter: You just need 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and apple slices. We highly recommend adding a little cinnamon to fancy things up!. This combination of salty and savory it’s to die for.
14. Ricotta toast and tomatoes: Do you have leftover ricotta. Don’t let it go to waste! Smear it on some toast, top with tomatoes, drizzle on some balsamic. The amazing taste will take you to Italy, we swear by this!.
15. Mango with a twist: This is so simple and so tasty! Peel the mango and cut it into spears. Top with fresh lime juice and chili powder. Thank us later!.
We hope these fifteen healthy snacks make your life easier! At ishine365, we know how hard is to maintain a balance sometimes!! ( we are always busy right!?). If you like this blog post share it with your friends and let us know!!
With love, The Ishine Team